Slow Movement News
The definition of ‘fast food’ according to the Wikipedia is food cooked in build and in advance, kept warm or re-heated to order....
Slow Food in collaboration with the region of Liguria, has just finished celebr4ating the event Slow Fish 2007. It was a great success with 42,000 visitors, a much higher number than expected. ...
ABC Wed Jul 11 07 The Mayor of Maroochy Shire on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, Joe Natoli, says it could be another 12 months before the CSIRO is able to undertake a flood modelling study in the Sunshine Coast region because the research body is under-funded. ...
An influx of treechangers into a rural community can keep population levels steady but it can change the needs and expectations within the community. ...
How to make the connection to food
We can create a strong connection with our food, local farmers, community members and others by:
Growing our own
- Joining or starting a community food system;
- Eating food grown in your local area or bioregion;
- Eating organically or sustainably grown food;
- Starting a back-yard vegie garden; or helping someone else to do it;
- Joining or starting a community food garden;
- Encouraging local shops and restaurants to buy from local farmers;
- Becoming acquainted with local farmers;
- Volunteering to work on a local community supported agriculture project or community food system;
- Growing and promoting traditional foods;
- Refusing GM food;
- Promoting community food systems amongst your friends and fellow workers; and
- Growing fresh produce to donate to food kitchens
- Joining a local slow food group.